How to Apply for Public Housing

How to Apply for Public Housing or the Congregate Living Center

The Vernon Housing Authority is accepting applications for the following programs; however, all of our housing sites are subject to waiting lists at this time:

  • Public Housing: Efficiency and one-bedroom units for persons who are elderly (age 62 or greater) and/or disabled;
  • Public Housing: Scattered Sites for families;
  • Congregate Living Center for the elderly (age 62 or greater)

Please know that there is NO immediate availability. To request an application for our Public Housing program or Congregate Living Center, please contact the Leasing Office.

Public Housing Application (click here)

Congregate Living Center Application (click here)

In search of housing in the Town of Vernon?

The waiting list for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is currently CLOSED. However, we are accepting applications for the Public Housing Program and the Pitkat Congregate Living Center. Please review the details of each program to see if you or your family qualify. Be advised that all housing sites under the Vernon Housing Authority are subject to a waiting list at this time.  

Public Housing and Congregate Housing Waiting Lists are OPEN! Click here to request an application