Move Out Process


How to Terminate Your Lease

You may terminate your lease at any time with a 30-day written notice.  Click here to download the Intent to Vacate form.  This form, or your own written notice needs to be signed and provided to the Vernon Housing Authority Leasing Office at 21 Court Street, Suite 114, P.O. Box 963, Vernon CT 06066.  You will receive a move-out packet with a scheduled appointment to do an inspection and turn in ALL keys.  At the time of the inspection, the unit needs to be empty and clean.  Any damage to the unit, beyond normal wear and tear, will be charged to the tenant.


In search of housing in the Town of Vernon?

The waiting list for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is currently CLOSED. However, we are accepting applications for the Public Housing Program and the Pitkat Congregate Living Center. Please review the details of each program to see if you or your family qualify. Be advised that all housing sites under the Vernon Housing Authority are subject to a waiting list at this time.  

Public Housing and Congregate Housing Waiting Lists are OPEN! Click here to request an application