Court Towers - 21 Court St, Vernon-Rockville, CT
Court Towers is a six-story, federally-funded building, equipped with two elevators. It consists of 25 1-bedroom apartments (5 of which are designed for residents who have a mobility impairment) and 25 efficiency apartments. This building is secured by an electronic system, which makes it accessible using either a programmed entry card or phone communication verified by surveillance cameras.
The eligibility requirements to reside at Court Towers are:
- applicants must be 62 years of age or older; also open to the disabled/handicapped.
- applicants must be income-eligible.
- applicants must pass our "screening" process.
- Rent based on income
- Heat, hot water, cold water, and electricity included in rent
The Facility & Dwelling Units
- Building secured by an electronic system
- Each unit equipped with stove and refrigerator
- Emergency call-for-aid system in each unit
- Units are cable ready
- Fire alarm and smoke detector system
- Laundry room, coffee shop, gift shop and tenant mail service located on the first floor
- Garbage chutes on each floor for resident convenience
- Enclosed glass sunroom on each floor for tenants' pleasure
- For residents who qualify, Community Renewal Team (CRT) serves lunch in the community dining room three days during the week for a small donation